Vera Gornostaeva | Vol IV | Schumann, Liszt, Schubert
Schumann: Kinderszenen, Op.15 (Scenes From Childhood)
1. Von fremden Ländern und Menschen (Of Foreign Lands and Peoples)
2. Kuriose Geschichte (A Curious Story)
3. Hasche-Mann (Blind Man’s Bluff)
4. Bittendes Kind (Pleading Child)
5. Glückes genug (Happy Enough)
6. Wichtige Begebenheit (An Important Event)
7. Träumerei (Dreaming)
8. Am Kamin (At the Fireside)
9. Ritter vom Steckenpferd (Knight of the Hobbyhorse)
10. Fast zu ernst (Almost Too Serious)
11. Fürchtenmachen (Frightening)
12. Kind im Einschlummern (Child Falling Asleep)
13. Der Dichter spricht (The Poet Speaks)
14. F. Liszt. Valse oubliée No. 1, S. 215/1
15. F. Liszt. Funérailles from Harmonies poétiques et religieuses, S. 173
16. F. Schubert. Suite of 17 Waltzes (compiled by Vera Gornostaeva)
Schubert. Fantasie in C major, Op. 15 (D. 760),”Wanderer”
17. Allegro con fuoco
21. R. Schumann. “Aufschwung” from Fantasiestücke, Op. 12
DISCOVERING A LEGEND. VERA GORNOSTAEVA, Vol. IV SCHUMANN/LISZT/SCHUBERT
After critical and commercial success of the first three volumes, LP Classics continues to explore the vaults of Gosteleradiofond (one of the main Russian Archives of radio and television broadcasts), and is honored to release live performances of this remarkable pianist.
Here are some reactions to Ms. Gornostaeva’s playing!
“In Gornostaeva’s playing you hear a complete command of the instrument … There is a definite sense of coloristic imagination, and poetry… She employs rubato, but subtly and effectively, always within the structure and shape of the music. The word that keeps coming to my mind is warmth—a warmth of tone, of phrase shaping, that imbues everything she plays.” ~ Fanfare
“Gornostaeva has a style different from anyone else I could think of. Her playing is bold and brisk. She plays every note as if she knows exactly how it should sound and pulls no punches.” ~ Buffalo News
“The performing art of Vera Gornostaeva is quite unusual for today’s concert life. In her performances one cannot find sport-like chic virtuosity or automatically regulated technique. There are other, more important features and qualities in Gornostaeva’s playing that really shine: her vast knowledge of musical culture, impeccable taste, always ever so present professionalism and great intellect that is subtle but yet all encompassing. These qualities make her interpretations much more impressive than any kind of showy virtuoso bravura.
For a thoughtful listener, Gornostaeva’s recital is always like meeting with a wise collocutor, who speaks about the most important things … things that are sacred, meaningful and complex, and who shows the most detailed and thorough knowledge of the subject that was chosen.
She has a gift of revealing the most fundamental and innermost ideas.” ~ Gennadi Zypin – Author, Musicologist & Professor
320Kb MP3, Compact Disk, FLAC – Lossless